Claims for Universal Credit are made online: https://www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit
You can apply from the comfort of your own home if you know how to do it or if you need any help come to Marianne’s Community Cafe in Staines and speak to our advisor. He will be able to help you set up an email, check your documents and fill in the application.
Before you start the claim you will need the following information
- National Insurance number
- Your postcode
- Bank, building society, credit union, or Post Office account details for your UC payment
- Rent agreement (if you have one)
- Your landlord’s address and phone number
- Details of savings or other capital
- Details of any earnings and your employer
- Details of any other unearned income
- Details of any formal childcare
- Details of other benefits being claimed
- Partner details as above (if you have a partner)
If you need help to make a claim you can call Universal Credit on 0900 328 5644
After you have claimed you will then receive instruction on your ‘to do’ list asking you to phone your Job Centre to make an appointment. You may also be asked to take additional paperwork with you such as pay slips or evidence of identity.
If you need help with your application, pop into Marianne’s Community Cafe to speak to our Welfare Benefits Advisor or give us a call.
Marianne’s Community Café
Unit 4, 2-10 Thames Street
Staines upon Thames
Tel: 01784 458200
Text: 07519 861452