Your help will make a huge difference to the work that we do and the people that we serve and support.
We are looking for volunteers
- to work alongside our Welfare Benefits Advisor to research and provide up to date information on local care and support services, help customers with their enquiries and learn about what help is available locally for disabled people, carers and older, vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our communities.
- to work in the cafe. As a Café volunteer, you will work alongside our Café Manager and the team to provide an energetic, friendly and delicious coffee and cake experience! Excellent customer service is our aim, to welcome all customers to feel at home and part of their community. Full Barista training is provided.
- You have the opportunity to learn new skills and meet a diverse range of people
- We will provide the relevant training for your role as well as on-going training and personal development
- Support from your line manager and the whole team
- The opportunity to help us empower and enable people in your community
- Have new experiences
- And of course, make a real difference in other people’s lives.
Advocacy is taking action to help people say what they want, secure their rights, represent their interests and obtain services they need. Advocates and advocacy schemes work in partnership with the people they support and take their side. Advocacy promotes social inclusion, equality and social justice.
Our Citizen Advocates are key members of our teams and the role they play in providing advocacy support to vulnerable people in the community is vital.
We are always pleased to hear from anyone who is interested in giving some of their time to support others to have a voice, feel empowered and stand in their corner.
Are you ready to volunteer with SDPP?
Please complete the Volunteer Application Form and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the post to: Volunteering, SDPP, Marianne’s Community Café Unit 4, 2-10 Thames Street, Staines upon Thames, TW18 4SD
We welcome volunteer applications from anyone aged 16 and over and we believe that there should be no barriers to volunteering regardless of disability, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious belief.